Alcohol Ink Painting Workshops with Pattiann Withapea!
2018 Alcohol Inks Painting Workshops!
Friday, March 8th 6-9:00pm
Saturday, March 9th 10-1:00pm
Saturday, March 9th 3-6:00pm
3 Hour hands on workshop led by Pattiann Withapea
$100 per Participant (Limited to 12 Participants)
All materials and supplies are provided.
Each participant will create:
4 Small Ceramic Tiles
1 Large Ceramic Tile
1 Yupo Painting that you will learn to Mount and Mat
Alcohol Ink is a fairly easy medium to learn and once mastered, it can take you
places you never imagined possible! In this class you will have the
opportunity to use thousands of dollars worth of Inks & Tools, and
you will be introduced to four exciting techniques for beginners and
seasoned artists alike.
Pattiann Withapea is a local, International Award Winning Artist & Designer who has recently been selected to represent Canada at the Global Arts Festival in Gujarat, India, in January 2019. She is a self taught Artist that has achieved several milestones in the short five year period since she first picked up a paint brush.
– In May of 2015 her painting of “Atom the Pug”, earned her first place in Art Vancouver’s International Painting Competition.
– Her first Exhibition was held in April of 2016 at Sotheby’s Gallery in Victoria and since then, she has exhibited her works in various galleries throughout North America. Her paintings are owned by Art Collectors on six of the seven Continents. She’s holding onto hope that one day, someone in Antarctica will commission one of her paintings.
– In February of 2018 she earned her designation as a juried member of the Federation of Canadian Artists.
– In September of 2018 Pattiann was chosen by the Federation of Canadian Artists to represent the Federation for Canada’s Arts & Culture Days. In this role, Pattiann enjoyed a solo exhibition at the Federation Gallery in Vancouver, where she painted a large Alcohol Ink installation piece over the course of the three day event, in front of crowds of hundreds.
– She has painted for many celebrities including Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, the Willie Nelson Family, the Glen Campbell Family, Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers, and the Waylon Jennings Family.
She is extremely honoured to be joining her 29 fellow Artists from 29 other countries, on the world’s stage, for six weeks in Gujarat, India. Pattiann is very proud to be representing Canada and her Vancouver Island Community.
Upon her return from the Global Arts Festival, Pattiann will be bursting with inspiration and information that she is looking forward to sharing in her Spring Classes throughout British Columbia.
To follow Pattiann on her journey, you may join her Facebook Artists Page www.facebook.com/EatPaintLove
Or, you can find her on Instagram at,